National

CBI FILES SUPPLEMENTARY CHARGESHEET AGAINST 28 ACCUSED INCLUDING MD

October 17, 2020 09:36 PM

THEN PUBLIC SERVANTS FROM POLICE & OTHER DEPARTMENT AND PRIVATE PERSONS/COMPANIES INVOLVED IN A BIG SCAM  

Bangalore (Face2News)

The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)  has filed a supplementary charge sheet against 28 accused including MD/CEO of a private company based at Bangalore; the then Assistant Commissioner, Bangalore North Sub Division; the then DSP,EOD,CID, Bangalore; the then Inspector General, EOD, CID, Bangalore; the then DCP (East), Bangalore City Police, Bangalore; then SHO (Inspector), Commercial Street Police Station, Bangalore; the then Sub Inspector of Police, Commercial Street Police Station, Bangalore and others including private persons, private companies related to IMA scam in the Designated Court at Bangalore.

It was alleged in the supplementary chargesheet that the said then Revenue Officer along with other police officials of Bangalore had closed the enquiries/verifications conducted by them into the complaints and information received against said private company based at Bangalore.

It was further alleged that the accused did not take necessary action under Law, including KPIDFE Act 2004 and instead had given clean chit & recommended closure of the complaints stating that the said private company had not indulged in any illegal acts. It was also alleged that the illegal activities of said company had continued unabated and several thousands of investors had lost crore of rupees.

CBI is collaborating with its counterparts in other countries to identify the network, dismantle their infrastructure and bring the perpetrators of crime to justice. US Department of Justice and CBI collaborated in this regard, and yesterday US Federal court ordered an individual and 5 companies to stop engaging in technical-support fraud scheme that is alleged to have defrauded hundreds of elderly and vulnerable U.S. victims.

According to USDOJ, the said person of Glendale, California, knowingly provided U.S. support for India-based accomplices in furtherance of the fraud. The said person facilitated the scheme through several companies, including at Singapore. The temporary restraining order issued by the US court dismantles these defendants' U.S. infrastructure, such as websites and payment processing relationships, and prohibits the defendants from continuing to facilitate the alleged scheme.

It may be recalled that CBI had registered 4 cases in connection with the said scam. CBI had earlier filed several charge sheets in the scam. This is a scam involving unauthorised deposits allegedly collected from large number of depositors to the tune of Rs.4000 crore (approx.). 

 
Have something to say? Post your comment
Copyright © 2017, Face 2 News, All rights reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Disclaimers