Punjab

FORTIS HOSPITAL MOHALI AND SCHOOLS RECEIVED BOMB THREATS, FOUNDS HOAX CLAIMS POLICE

February 17, 2026 12:29 PM

 Face2News/Mohali

Schools in Mohali have once again received bomb threat emails. On Tuesday, another email was sent threatening to blow up schools in the Mohali.

According to reports, the threatening email was received around 8:30 am. Since school timings had changed from Monday, it is believed that many students had already reached their campuses by then.

Following the threat, police immediately swung into action and the schools were evacuated as a precautionary measure.

The email also mentioned Fortis Hospital, where Punjab CM Bhagwant Singh Mann admitted for treatment. After this reference, security agencies heightened alert around the hospital as well. In Phase 2 Mohali, Gyan Jyoti School was shut down following the threat. A police team is conducting a thorough search operation inside the school premises. Authorities are investigating the source of the email, and further action will be taken based on the findings. 

Following a bomb threat received via email, a thorough search operation was conducted at Fortis Hospital, Mohali on Tuesday and nothing suspicious was found, confirmed Superintendent of Police (SP) City Mohali Dilpreet Singh. The threat was received at approximately 8 AM on the official email IDs of a school.

SP City Dilpreet Singh stated that the threatening email mentioned an intention to target Fortis Hospital Mohali. In response, anti-sabotage teams from the Police Headquarters, Range Office, and Mohali Police, along with bomb disposal squads, were immediately rushed to the hospital premises, he said.  

As a precautionary measure, given that the threat originated through school email IDs, all schools in the vicinity were also thoroughly checked to ensure the safety of students and staff.   

Following comprehensive inspections of the locations, no suspicious substance or object has been found, said that the SP, while confirming that the threat appears to be a hoax, and the situation is completely under control.  SP Dilpreet Singh said that further investigation into the source of the email is currently underway.

Meanwhile, the public urged to remain calm and cooperate with the authorities. He also appealed to citizens to report any suspicious activity to the nearest police station without delay.

 
Have something to say? Post your comment
Copyright © , Face 2 News, All rights reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Disclaimers