Punjab

MOTHER AND TWO SONS DIED DUE TO SUFFOCATION IN FEROZEPUR

January 18, 2021 08:15 PM

Ferozepur (Vikramditya Sharma)

In a tragic incident, a woman and two children died due to asphyxiation at Village Hamadwala in Mallanwala block.

As per information available, the deceased Harpreet Kaur (35) was using a hearth in her bedroom to protect her two children Sahilpreet Singh (12) and Ekamjot Singh (5) from extreme cold weather. However as the luck would have it, all of them died due to suffocation caused by Carbon Monoxide.

Notably, Jagjit Singh, husband of deceased Harpreet is settled in Malaysia for the last two years. Kewal Singh, father-in-law said that the matter came to his knowledge when he woke up early morning and looked out for Harpreet. “When I found no response, I knocked the door of the bedroom.

Even then there was no reaction. I had to break open the door with the help of villagers. When the door was finally opened, we found everyone lying dead”, said Kewal Singh.

As soon as the matter was reported to the police, senior police officials including Rajwinder Singh Dhillon, DSP Zira, Balraj Singh Kang, SHO Mallanwala police station reached to the spot.

The SHO said that the police has sent the bodies for postmortem at civil hospital in Zira.

 
Have something to say? Post your comment
Copyright © 2017, Face 2 News, All rights reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Disclaimers